I have now been in the open waters for about ten days!! The time has flown by and I am honestly not really sure exactly how I keep myself busy everyday. It has now become quite normal to only see the ocean and the lifestyle of the ship has become completely comfortable. I am trying to sit out at look at the ocean for at least a half hour everyday and look at the ocean so I don’t become to comfortable with it that I forget the beauty and all that encompasses it. The ship is kinda a constant rocking feeling much better than the first leg of the trip. I like to think of it as your always in one of those jumping houses cause we are always kinda bouncing, moving around and not able to walk completely straight and sometimes run into things. haa
My classes are everyday getting more interesting as we move through countries and regions. I love how they are all structured in how we learn through experience rather than learning from reading a book. Most of my classes are to big to o outside and sit on the deck; however, many of my friends regularly have class outside in order to try and sport whales or anything exciting. It is a really a environment that is surrounded by people who are wanting to learn everything possible form this experience. I love walking into dinner and seeing my professor eating with his entire family or reading the book we are studying right next to him because we happen to be on the same deck. Living in the same place where we are all literally stuck together is really a great but different environment. I wish more universities could establish this type of style.
The food is well its not awful just very repetitive. Literally, and I am not kidding it is potatoes, a type of pasta, mixed veggies, and a lettuce. If we are lucky we get croutons. Haha So by now I am a bit tired of it but oh well. Oh and of course they do have awesome desserts. Shocking!
At night there are usually many different seminars you can go to of all types. Such as star gazing, some showing documentaries, lectures, movies, and dancing classes. Literally there is everything type of club on this ship. From yoga to spiritual dancing guitar lessons, intramurals, literally everything or you can play cards and games.
The other night we had a dance party, which was really fun! It was themed mix-matched clothing and surprisingly everyone got really into it! It was a crazy to dance on a moving and rocking ship!! The best was when the played that song I am on a boat everyone freaked out it was great!
I also did spiritual dancing the other night! Everyone was very free getting in touch with their bodies and nature! Not something I would typically do but really fun!!
I joined the community to plan the Sea Olympics, which will be held in March. It is a day full of games and activities, and competitions. It has been really fun and had been keeping a little more busy during the day. Overall I am doing great! My friends are still really great too and it has been really nice to get to know everyone better as the time goes on! :)
I am doing great. I love it! I am learning a ton and having a great time!!!
Japan is in two days!!! ☺ The ship we have import students from Japan that have been traveling with us since Hawaii. They are here to help us and teach us about their cultural. My friends and I became really good friends with one of them, her name is Rina. She is 21 years old and lives in Kobe where she also goes to school and lives with her family. We have learned so much from her about how she lives, about her family and their cultural. It has been incredible! She literally eats every meal with us and is so cute!! She is traveling with us the whole time while we are in Japan!! We then get to have dinner with her parents and then spend the night at her grandparents house! I can't explain how excited we are its such an incredible experience that none of us ever expected to happen! We are staying one night in Tokyo, one in Kyoto, and then one night with her in Kobe. She is planning our entire trip so we aren't really sure exactly what we are going to do in these places!!! YAHOO only a few more days!!
I had my first test today in global studies. I can't say I have ever taken a test on a tray before haha It was diffiucult to take a test with this much movement! Tonight the waves have been really rocking. This time we are rocking forward and backward which is alot different I am trying not to think about it to much. Miss you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment