Sunday, January 24, 2010

First Week!


Hello! This will probably be the only time in my life where I will have my birthday on a ship in the middle of the ocean!!  The ocean is incredible and so mysterious. We talked about the facts about the ocean today and its amazing how much is so unknown. Thinking about what is below me kinda freaks me out! We did see your first birds yesterday!! Which is really exciting to think that we are getting closer to land! We arrive in Hawaii early Monday morning! I don’t think I have ever been so excited to see land before! I am going snorkeling and to a la’ua at night!!  The waves have calmed down from  the other day which is really nice! We still rock a good amount, but it is so much better!!

At night most of the time we are on the top deck and playing games and just talking around tables. And literally we get thrown across from side to side. People have gotten really injured cause the tables ad chairs slam into them. It is kinda getting old though cause the rocking never stops!!  I am kinda getting a bit anxious to get on land. I am ready to walk on solid ground for once again.
My classes are good most of my homework is reading and reflections. I  am taking a global studies, world music, small group and team communications course, and a philosophy of literature course. I really enjoy them all because we are learning about the countries we go to before we get to them! Most of the teachers are super informal too so they are really relaxed.   Miss you all so much!!

4 comments:

  1. babbbby i finally figured out how to use this dumb thing!!!!! i miss you a lot!! i just want to talk to you on the phone but you're gone :( i know you are having fun! cause you do everywhere! but i love you!!!! BYE Ali Risk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph--I am so EXCITED for you! And HAPPY that you've got a blog. Looking forward to hearing what's next. Yea!
    LOVE,
    Deme

    ReplyDelete
  3. im glad you are having fun cuz! i miss you, enjoy every moment of it! happy belated bday too! i wrote on your facebook too! love youu <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. El is on the phone with me right now and says that she is sure you are having fun. She is thinking of you and wishing you well. She said to enjoy your studies and have fun. We love you, Aunt El and Aunt G

    ReplyDelete